Friday, July 18, 2014

Sam Holladay's Internship, Summer 2014 - Part 3

Over the past few weeks I have continued work on the adaptive climatology iPhone app. I have continued to conduct a great deal of research into the app, and began work on the user interface. However, I have encountered some problems with designing the app totally from scratch: learning all the iPhone development on my own is difficult, and unfortunately Web resources aren’t the best. After some consulting with my advisor, I have decided to try a new tactic and focus instead on the most important part of the app: establishing communication between the user and our server, so the user can send in information for us to use in our model.

When facing adversity, I have found that determination, repeatedly attacking a problem, usually works after a while. If repeated attempts do not work, then trying the problem from a different angle helps. I hope that working on this different facet of the app will yield better results. Even though I have been greatly frustrated by setbacks, I have still learned a lot about Objective-C and iPhone development, and hope to continue with progress.

Posted By:
Sam Holladay, Naval Research Laboratory

No comments:

Post a Comment