Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Harshul Pandav's Internship, Summer 2014 - Part 1

Hello,

I am a Graduate student from the Computer Science Department of Florida State University pursuing my Masters. I have hereby received a wonderful opportunity to work as an Intern with the FSU Center for Ocean-Atmospheric Prediction Studies (COAPS) for the Deep-C GIS Viewer Project under the supervision of Olmo Romero Zavala. The project is based on Java, XML, HTML5, CSS3 with SASS and COMPASS.

I graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering where I mastered my skills in Core java and C#.NET and developed my final year project that was Wireless Video Streaming which involved networking technologies and was based on a client-server architecture. Thereafter, gaining an experience of 3 years in J2EE with Spring and hibernate made me skilful in joining the right dots in software design and development.

At Deep-C I am currently contributing to the work of the GIS Map Viewer project by restructuring and optimizing certain areas of the modules in parallel to a plethora of learning new technologies circulating HTML5, JavaScript, CSS3 and Sass with Compass. Primarily, the project is based on GeoServer which consists of all the data in the form of layers that are requested by the GIS Map Viewer at Deep-C. Interestingly, one of the major goals of this internship is to design and develop a Mobile Interface for the Deep-C GIS Map Viewer which would make the system not limited to the Desktop.

Working in such an environment where learning walks along with official implementation per se not only will ameliorate my abilities but also shape my personality. The opportunity gotten of contributing as an Intern at Deep-C will definitely broaden the scope of my versatility, knowledge and creativity. Learning has always been exciting and fun for me and this quest for knowledge has been the biggest motivation in any projects that I work on thereby being able to give results with high efficacy and efficiency.

Posted By:
Harshul Pandav, Florida State University

No comments:

Post a Comment