Friday, April 25, 2014

Meaghan Faletti's Internship, Spring 2014 - Part 6

Hello from the Sorting Lab!

I only have a few weeks left to enjoy in here before I move on to a new job. This experience has helped me learn a lot and I feel much more confident in my ability to identify organisms. I had never worked in a lab setting before this and I think I have come a long way - I've learned patience while also enhancing my organizational skills. I've taken a lot out of this experience so far, so I'm hoping I can continue until my time is up! For the next couple weeks, I think I can expect things to get rather busy while Arvind gets ready for the next cruise coming up in a month or so!

We've been "expanding our horizons" with the number of different sites we sort through lately. I'm very thankful for this, it's switched up the game a little bit and given me a bunch of new organisms to learn to ID! I've recently learned what a calvoline "shell" looks like, and how it's different from a scaphopod. I've decided that tanaids are my favorite animal out of all of them because they always have their claws in the air and look like they are ready to party. (I wish I had a good picture but they never sit still! Just kidding. They're in ethanol and very dead.) However, I did recently snap this really cool gastropod shell I thought was very pretty. 

Posted by:
Meaghan Faletti, FSU

No comments:

Post a Comment