Monday, August 26, 2013

Taylor Shropshire's Internship, Summer 2013 - Part 3


Before leaving COAPS to head back to Greensboro, NC, and soon after my semester at NC State University, I got to kayak the Wacissa, snorkel Saint Andrews State Park, and swim at Panama City Beach!

My last two weeks at COAPS came to a close with a feeling of accomplishment. I was able to develop a relationship between chlorophyll a and salinity using ELCOM-CAEDYM model output, validate the relationship with NEGOM cruise data, and apply it to satellite ocean color data, which provided some preliminary results that were informative and will be useful to build on in the future. I got the opportunity to work with MATLAB, which is a valuable skill, and collaborate with COAPS scientists. My Deep-C internship was an extremely valuable experience, which I will continue to benefit from in my classes back at NC State and in my future career.  

Posted By:
Taylor Shropshire, Florida State University

No comments:

Post a Comment