Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Becca Keenan's Internship, Summer 2013 - Part 2

Hi Folks!

This has been a very productive week, I think. After deciding that Cold-water Corals, Sixgill Sharks and Bristle Worms would be the best Flagship species to represent Deep-C, I started to design some campaign materials.

I thought I would incorporate some Briticisms and decided to bring the good old fashion Bulldog Spirit to the Gulf. Taking inspiration from the wartime motivational poster Keep Calm and Carry On, creating the Gulf‘s very own version.

I also started designing some flagship graphics, but they are still a work process…

In addition to playing around in Photoshop, I also constructed some factsheets to help capture and inform the public about the flagship species. Here I suffered a bit of déjà-vu as I found absolutely everything I read and heard fascinating, and I struggle to fit it all onto one factsheet!

This week has been pretty good, and I have managed to build on my catalog of interesting and strange facts that the ocean yields. The week was topped off by a super full moon paddle in the Wacissa River and Springs, (I am now currently one big bite, but it was very much worth it)!

So for now, Keep Calm and Love the Gulf!  



Posted By:
Becca Keenan, Florida State University

1 comment: