Friday, May 3, 2013

Chelsea McCurry's Internship, Summer 2013 - Part 1

Hi, I’m Chelsea McCurry. I am a junior majoring in Marine Biology at the University of West Florida. I’ve been involved in marine research for 3 years now and I love it! I was lucky enough to be chosen to work on a project here at the Center for Environmental Diagnostics and Bioremediation under Dr. Richard Snyder. My current research is focused on the ecology of foraminifera in the Gulf of Mexico. Through this research, more can be discovered on the diversity and distribution of these microbes using a molecular approach. This experience will allow me to develop and understand fundamental molecular techniques. I am so excited to be here and be working on this project!

Post Author: 
Chelsea McCurry

No comments:

Post a Comment