Hello Again!My experiment is well under way now! I have set up all eight of the columns and filled four of them with sediment saturated with seawater and the other four with sediment and 100 µl of oil. I have run the pump at a setting of 18 mL/hr and collected data with the optode. I have also taken samples of my water at the end of the column to test for dissolved organic carbon and dissolved inorganic carbon. I am starting to get results and am very pleased with how my experiment is working out.
|This picture shows my 8 columns and the device I use to test the oxygen.|
I look forward to working with Dr. Huettel further after my time in the lab is over to analyze the data that I have collected.